Gerald Segal, MD
Medical Oncology / Hematology
265 N Broadway
Portland, OR 97227
View Location Information
Gerald Segal, MD
Doctor of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
Internal Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Hematology/Oncology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- Stem cell transplantation
- Hematologic malignancies
- Nononcologic hematology
- Member, Network Cancer Committee, Legacy Health System
- Member, Clinical Oversight Committee, Northwest Marrow Transplant Program
- Clinical Director, Oregon, SW Washington, and Northern California, National Marrow Donor Program
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
Named to "Best Doctors in America" 1996 to Present
Dr. Segal specializes in medical oncology and hematology. He treats all types of cancer and has advanced subspecialty expertise in stem cell transplants, hematologic malignancies and non-cancerous blood disorders including hemostasis and thrombosis. Good communication and patient education are central to Dr. Segal’s practice philosophy. He is thorough and complete, allowing as much time as necessary to answer his patients’ questions and help them understand their diagnosis. He makes it a point to be well prepared for patient visits by reviewing charts and consulting with colleagues and team members prior to appointments. His patients have his full attention and he is devoted to their best interests.
Dr. Segal is the medical director of the Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Program for Legacy Health System.
When not at work, Dr. Segal enjoys hanging out with his family, reading, working-out and bicycling.