Oncology Nutrition Services
Meet our Dietitian
Andrea Hamilton, MS, RDN, LD, is a registered dietitian and an important part of Compass Oncology’s care team. Staying well-nourished during treatment provides the energy needed to fight the cancer. Often that’s easier said than done. Andrea’s approach starts with listening. She strives to understand each patient’s needs and goals and works with them to develop strategies to keep their body fueled for a better quality of life. She is dedicated to nutritional education, tackling the common fears and myths around certain foods that often cause unnecessary stress. Andrea is also active in the Compass Survivorship program, giving survivors the tools to maintain healthy choices after treatment.
Andrea enjoys yoga, hiking, cooking and trying new plant-based recipes, and quality time with family and friends.
To schedule a visit, please speak with your oncologist for a referral. Andrea currently meets with patients at our West, Rose Quarter and Vancouver locations each week.
- Common Questions and Answers before, during and after cancer treatment
- Find out: Does Sugar Feed Cancer?
- Recipes, Menus, and Diets for Cancer Patients
- What do I eat once I am done with cancer treatment and feeling better?
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Cancer Dietitian: lifestyle tips for prevention and survivorship. Keeping you well beyond cancer!
- About Herbs database, a tool for the public as well as healthcare professionals, can help you figure out the value (and safety) of using common herbs and other dietary supplements.
- Survivor’s Table (evidenced based information before, during and after cancer treatment)