Compass Oncology offers high quality radiation therapy services with an emphasis upon convenient, integrated treatment. The Compass Oncology radiation team includes board-certified radiation oncologists with years of experience in caring for cancer patients assisted by qualified medical physics, dosimetry, radiation therapists and nursing support staff.
Radiation oncologists use cutting-edge technology to deliver precise doses of radiation to treat cancer. The therapy works on a molecular level by damaging the ability of cancer cells to reproduce. Treatments are often given over a few weeks, though in some cases may be delivered over a few days. Compass radiation oncologists have advanced expertise in today’s complex therapies, including the following:
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric-Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radiation Therapy (SRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Radioisotope (e.g. Radium-223) Administration
Compass Oncology provides radiation therapy services at two convenient locations: Rose Quarter and Vancouver.