Jamie Newell, MSW, LCSW
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of Oregon
Masters of Social Work, Portland State University
- Oncology Social Work
Social Work Fellowship:
- Palliative Care, Portland VA Medical Center
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Oregon State Board of
- Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker,
- Washington State Department of Health
- Facilitator, monthly brain cancer support group
- Member, Social Work Hospice & Palliative Care Network
- Volunteer Mental Health Facilitator, Thru My Eyes Member, Association of Oncology Social Workers
- Council Member, Palliative Care and Quality of Life Interdisciplinary Advisory Council with the Oregon Health Authority
“I am so moved by the grace and strength, as well as the vulnerability, that people have in dealing with this foreign world of cancer treatment. It’s an honor to be able to support them through this time.”
Jamie Newell is an oncology social worker and helps lead the program development of Compass palliative care services. The program’s goal is to help patients and their loved ones live well with cancer through additional symptom management and support.
Dealing with the upheaval and uncertainty of cancer is no easy task and Jamie is committed to walking with her patients every step of the way. She offers counseling to address the emotional and spiritual health of patients, family members, and caregivers that is so important during treatment. She is a resource and an advocate, helping to bring clarity to issues and connecting patients with critical resources. Jamie has particular expertise in helping parents navigate the complexities of parenting while dealing with their cancer diagnosis.
When not working, Jamie loves spending time with her family and enjoying the outdoors.